Womb Chair Reproduction
Finnish Modern Furniture Designer Eero Saarinen created the Womb Chair
, originally known as the Wombat Chair in 1948. He believed strongly that the whole field of design is all one body. He had three design principles - function, structure, and being part of the time. The Womb Chair design consists of a molded fibreglass shell covered with foam and then upholstered. The chair and ottoman is supported by a bent tubular frame. To increase the comfort, Eero designed the chair with loose cushions and a coordinated ottoman. The Womb Chair's organic form is representative of the mid century Scandinavian modernism style of furniture using synthetic materials to create inspired forms. It was named the Womb Chair because it envelops allowing you to curl up and relax in comfort.
- Available in multiple fabric options. Variety of colors available
- Leather grades include Premium Italian and Aniline Leather. Synthetic available for Special Order
- Frame is constructed of grade 304 steel for stronger support and durable chip resistance
- Constructed around a curvature true fibreglass shell
- Removable ottoman and chair seat and back cushions
- Flex angle- height adjustable floor protecting pad discs
- Internal molded body bolt sleeves secure the metal frame
- Premium High density CA-117 foam for long term appearance retention
Womb Chair and Ottoman Replica
: Reproductions should try to mimic the original Womb Style Chair's dimensions as much as possible. Chairs that are more narrow or shallow in design are usually done to save on material costs. Different dimensions could also mean alterations to the seat angle, which can decrease comfort.
Buy Womb Style Chair Online