The Wegner Shell was designed in 1963, also known as the Smiling Chair it offers great comfort and is truly a beautiful piece of modern furniture. After a 30 year hiatus Carl Hansen & Son Re-Released the Wegner Shell Chair again in the 90s. The Shell chair is made of Form-pressed plywood, so it is offered in many ranges of colors and wood finishes fitting any dcor.
TYPES OF LEATHER:100% Full Grain Italian Leather:
- Hand crafted.
- The Hans J. Wegner CH07 Shell Chair is made of Form-pressed plywood.
- Available in a range of colors and wood finishes
- The frame of the Shell Chair is available in different types of wood, both painted and natural wood. You can also choose between different types of Denmark fabrics and leathers for the seat and is also available in pony hair.
- The chair is not only stylish, instead it has proved to be very comfortable to relax, read, and watch TV while sitting on it. There is hardly any example of a classical design, which still works after 70 years.
- This replica is true to the original design specifications. We use an independent quality control auditor to supervise the entire production process; ensuring every product is of the highest quality and has absolutely no imperfections.
Italian leather is often considered to be the best kind of leather in the world. True Italian leather is a type of full-grain that has been hand-selected and hand-crafted. It is a superior quality hide greatly coveted by top furniture manufacturers. Because most Italian leather is of such high quality, it can stay in beautiful condition much longer than other types of leather.100% Full Grain European Aniline Leather:
The most attractive and natural leathers which are prized for their soft natural feel. These are leathers which have been aniline dyed in a vat process with no color coating added to the surface. These transparent dyes leave the actual surface grain and such natural markings as wrinkles, bites and scars visible. Because they don't have a top coating the leather breathes more easily and is cooler to sit on. They are the most expensive leathers to produce because only the very best selection of hides can be used to produce full aniline leathers.