Originally built for the Radisson Hotel in Copenhagen, the Egg Chair was typical of Arne Jacobsen's style and it quickly became a Mid Century Classic. Jacobsen was known for using unique materials in his pieces and was not afraid to take risks with the shape. An admired trait of the chair is the relatively thin oval body design. Its gracious curves comfortably surround the sitter. The high wing back makes it an excellent chair for curling up in with a good book. The egg chair is the essence of form and function. A truly iconic piece with its minimal, simple and distinctly Danish" design.
TYPES OF LEATHER:Premium Italian Leather:
- Upholstery is available in fabric or different leather grades with a variety of colors
- Leather grades include Premium Italian and Aniline Leather. Synthetic Leather available for special order
- Uses stainless steel which is much stronger, shines brighter, and is chip resistant
- Solid fibreglass frame
- Chair features both tilt and 360 degree swivel function
- Smooth Contour cold pressed foam body wrap provides meticulous contour for this design
Italian leather is often considered to be the best kind of leather in the world. True Italian leather is a type of full-grain that has been hand-selected and hand-crafted. It is a superior quality hide greatly coveted by top furniture manufacturers. Because most Italian leather is of such high quality, it can stay in beautiful condition much longer than other types of leather.Aniline Leather:
The most attractive and natural leathers which are prized for their soft natural feel. These are leathers which have been aniline dyed in a vat process with no color coating added to the surface. These transparent dyes leave the actual surface grain and such natural markings as wrinkles, bites and scars visible. Because they don't have a top coating the leather breathes more easily and is cooler to sit on. They are the most expensive leathers to produce because only the very best selection of hides can be used to produce full aniline leathers.